CRESCENDO WORLDWIDE NETWORK
For a human and Christian Aging
The Association “Crescendo International Network” (hereafter called CRESCENDO) is inspired by the Gospel and the Church’s teaching – in particular by the document of the Pontifical Council for the Laity “Dignity and Mission of Older People in the Church and in the world ” (October 1998), as well as the United Nations Principles for Older People (1991).
It is an initiative which has as its aim the stimulation of creative and interactive links between organizations, with different disciplines, which are concerned with the promotion of a humane and Christian ageing. The Association works as a network.
Fundamental principle“According to God’s plan, each human being is a growing life, from the first spark of its existence to its last sigh” (Christifideles Laici No.48 – Apostolic Exhortation 1988)
Raison d’être of the network
- is a space for exchanges, training and support
- stimulates the creativity and energizes the actions undertaken by its members;
- allows action to be taken together which could not be undertaken separately;
- intends to be a response to the challenge of globalization;
- encourages believers, questioned by ethics and guided by the Gospel spirit, to undertake temporal tasks.
Crescendo took part on 29-31 January in the Congress organised by the ‘Dicastery for Laity, Family and Life’ in Rome, entitled ‘The richness of many years of life’. A fine text by Pope Francis related to this is available.